Thursday, November 29

"What's Up With Brooklyn?"

I recently added a new counter to my blog. Let's me keep track of who is stumbling upon my literary efforts by design or happenstance. I usually check the offered statistics once or twice a day just to get a feel for the amount of traffic that may have recently come my way. I think my ego may be involved.



I am particularly enamored with the geo-location feature of the counter, allowing me to visually see who has accessed my sight world-wide. Slowly but surely I am witnessing "hits" from all around the globe, most, admittedly, stopping just long enough to determine they need to go elsewhere. Understood...different strokes for different folks. However, I do seem to have a few locations, particularly in the U.S., that have repeatedly visited my blog, most notably around the Atlanta area. I'm pretty sure that's my newest blogging acquaintance Coffeypot, as he is kind enough to read and comment frequently.



I have also noticed, with a great deal of interest, that I am also getting a huge amount of hits from someone or somebodies in Brooklyn, N.Y., the number now pushing close to fifty. My curiosity has been peaked. A person doesn't just repeatedly visit a particular WEB site by accident unless they've left their computer off the hook, so to speak. So, naturally I would like to know who this person is or persons are who find my blog so alluring, if alluring is the correct descriptive. Bottom line...whether you wish to come forward and say "hello" or remain anonymous, either way I say "Thank You." My ego enjoys the daily boost.

No comments: