Thursday, November 15

"No News From Kenneth City..."

I checked today's issue of the St. Petersburg TIMES...no published report on the last evening's scheduled vote on the proposed city ordinance that would prevent citizens of that wide spot in the road from the feeding of any wild animals on private property. I was also hoping that last evening's 11 o'clock news would have in depth coverage of the meeting, replete with video showing adherents to the opposing sides "bonking" each other over the heads with bird feeders. No such luck. I can only surmise that the issue was settled amicably, as neither was there a report that the riot police had been summoned to quell a mass disturbance in that part of Pinellas County.

I will purchase another newspaper tomorrow morning to hopefully determine the outcome of the meeting. Should a follow up article not be published, I will utilize my contact at the TIMES (he's a janitor) to see if I can get any inside dope...I mean information. I realize that you, my fateful readers, are awaiting, as am I, with great anticipation the final result. The fate of every Muscovy Duck and grey squirrel hangs in the balance.

No comments: