Tuesday, November 13

"That's Two!!"

The age-old adage "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while" applies here. Seems I've somehow managed to impress yet one more individual blogger to add my bog to their list of favorites...and no money was exchanged...yet. That brings me up to a grand total of two! I'm over-whelmed!

First to recognize my blogging attempts as being worthy of a regular read was a San Antonio, Texan lady that goes by the moniker "I Am Norman." This week I was awarded "favorite" status by a gentleman who resides in Woodstock, Georgia (cool name) and who goes by the blog handle of "Coffeypot." Coffeypot's blog may be accessed by going to: http://www.johnjudyc.blogspot.com/. I haven't yet learned how to create my own list of Blog favorites. I need to do that in order to reciprocate in-kind for Norman's and Coffeypot's listing of mine. Maybe Coffeepot will send me instruction on how to do that. I'm always afraid to try anything technically new on my blog for fear it will wipe out the entire blog. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained," I suppose.

It is always rewarding to have other people, who pursue with equal enthusiasm the same interests as do you, to pronounce their appreciation for your efforts...unless, perhaps, they are accomplished axe murderers. I wouldn't want that to get out. Still, I've been told that I possess some unique writing gifts (my dear Mother being among that small, but devoted group), and being encouraged to continue in that pursuit by folks not associated with my immediate family just adds further impetuous to hone that skill. Not that I'll ever make a dime for doing so...but that would be "like work,"and where's the fun in that?

So thanks Coffeypot for the salute. You're words of wisdom have left an indelible mark on me. I too have elected to give up reading. It was getting in the way of my heavy drinking!

No comments: