Friday, December 21

"The Christmas Reindeer Has Landed!!"

If one compares my Christmas bonus with that of say the CEO of Exxon, my piddly sum wouldn't even begin to pay a portion of the taxes on their year-end windfall. But I am most pleased and thankful with my employer's largess...especially since this summer there were rumors of layoffs throughout our company...mine included. Just maintaining steady employment is a blessing for which I am most thankful, and having a little extra "Christmas money" to spend on my loved ones most certainly "makes the season brighter."

The check has been cashed and with the most appreciated assistance of daughter Megan, Mom's wish list has been fulfilled. Number one on Judi's "wants" list is a laptop computer to be utilized in furthering her expanding real estate investment career. We ordered "on-line" from Dell. It is suppose to arrive at Megan's residence today or tomorrow. I'm skeptical of that occurring, especially after my telephone conversation yesterday with a Dell representative...


Me: "Jim Latchford speaking. How may I help you?" (The phone call came in on my business cell phone, so I always answer an in-coming call in that manner.)


Lady From Bangladesh: "This be Megan?"


Me: "No, this be her Father."


LFD: "This not Megan?"


Me: "No Ma'am. I am her Father, Jim."


LFD: "Is Megan there?"


Me: "Is Megan where?" (I'm getting into the flow of the coversation now.)


LFD: "I wish to speak to Megan. She ordered computer. No?"


Me: "No. I order computer. I order computer with my credit card."


LFB: "She have no credit card?"


Me: "Yes. J.C. Penny. Will that help?"


LFB: "I not know J. C. Penny. Not on my order form. She order computer too?"


Me: "No that I am aware of."


LFB: "I am confused! (No kidding...)


Me: "I order computer. Me. Jim Latchford. The person you are talking to right now."


LFB: "You order computer?"


Me: "Yes. I order laptop computer with my credit card."


LFB: "Megan not order computer."


Me: "Yes. Correct. I order computer. I wish to have computer shipped to my daughter Megan's home address."


LFB: "Megan not there? She somewhere else?"


Me: "We need to forget about Megan. She not order computer. I order computer."


LFB: "Okay, you order computer. What your name?"


And this stimulating conversation carried on for another five minutes. I think I finally convinced the Lady from Bangladesh that I had indeed ordered a computer, with my credit card, and it is to be shipped to my daughter's home address...I think. We'll see.


LFB: "Thank you for purchasing Dell Computer. Happy Holidays."


Me: "Thank you. Merry Christmas to you too. And by the way..."


LFB: "Yes?"


Me: "Megan says ,"Happy Holidays to you too."


LFB: "Megan there?"


Click.

No comments: