Thursday, January 24

"Aftermath..."

The pending storm I was anticipating with daughter Megan has blow its best and is now departed. There is peace and understanding once again in our family. New mutually agreed up ground rules and expectations of all parties have been established and faithfully committed to. I am sincerely pleased, but not gloating. This was never about "I win and you lose." It was always about how do we as a family to re-establish trust and understanding so that we all become winners. We did that. For that I am pleased.


I am extremely proud of the manner by which Megan stood her ground and explained her rationale for why she choose to spend a small portion of her refunded tuition fees on a trip to New York and her desires to utilize the balance of this windfall for constructive purposes. Her mother and I concur. She has become the young woman I always envisioned that she would. She is not immune from making future bad decisions...but as "a chip off the old block," who myself have made more than my fair share, she, like me, will survive and learn from what I pray will be only a few missteps. This is the mark of true maturity. That is all any parent can realistically hope and pray for in their children. Megan has learned and is learning well. I am very proud of her.


Enough said...

No comments: