Tuesday, April 22

"Crazy!!"

That's what it's been for me for the last couple of weeks...and it isn't going to get any better right away! My desire to be consistent in my blog posts have had to give way to the realities of day-to-day living.





Health wise it has been a slow, but steady climb back to full health from the tremendous chest cold I contracted almost three weeks ago. I still hack myself awake in the mornings, but at least I don't have to stop for 10 minutes at a stretch anymore while I get the coughing under control. I visit my cardiologist tomorrow morning and I am sure he is going to detect some abnormalities in my chest and want an explanation. As long as my ticker is sound...as my last stress test seems to indicate...I can deal with the remnants of a cold.



Job wise, it is day-to-day. The boss has yet to decided if I am to start working only three days a week. I am bidding two large hospital projects today. Hopefully we will be the low general contractor and for each and the anticipated proceeds from those two profitable jobs will keep me gainfully employed on a full-time basis. The down turn in the economy is really playing havoc on all segments of industry...most certainly including the construction field. Belt-tightening is the rule of the day and I'm trying my best not to get squeezed out into the ranks of the unemployed. I am a firm believer that the good Lord always takes care of the needs of His children...and I am in need of steady employment at the moment. So far I have his ear...



Other than trying to make a living, Judi and I are in the midst of leading the spring session of Dynamic Marriage at our church. Tonight is the mid-way point with the presentation of session number four. All of the couples seem to be adjusting well to the homework load and are openly sharing with the rest of the participants, albeit for one couple, not without some obvious pain as they try to make heads and tails of their lack of communication and problem solving skills. They, like so many very young and newly married couples, are experiencing financial difficulties that only serve to compound their lack of experience and maturity in talking through their situation as a couple rather than as two individuals. We are providing them with the tools to do a better job with that, but the jury is still out.



Daughter Megan is nearing the end of her under-graduate work at the University of South Florida. She graduates on May 2nd with a B.A. in Political Science. Prior to that auspicious event, she is being presented with the time-honored and most cherished "Golden Bull" award tomorrow evening, which is presented to the most outstanding senior student for leadership. Needless-to-say, Mom and Dad are quite proud of her, which is true regardless of whether or not she receives such a great award...although I can't think of a better person to give it to. But that's just me. Thursday evening of this week Judi and I travel back to Tampa to be part of Megan's boy friend's inauguration as the new President of USF's Student Government Association. Looks like we are going to be hob-nobbing with all the goober-smoochers of the USF elite. I guess I should polish my shoes and put on clean underware! And to top it all off...there is family arriving for all the above mentioned events, which means Judi is cleaning our's and helping with Meg's house as though we were expecting the world's heads of state to be arriving momentarily at our humble abodes. And when Judi starts to clean, my honey-do list goes through the roof!


So, my few but most appreciated readers, I apologize for my most recent lack of entries and apologize in advance if in the next couple of weeks (hopefully not that long) if I don't throw a few lines out for general consumption. I'll be back...soon or later.

No comments: