Wednesday, April 8

"Okay, All Together Now..."

"Happy Birthday To Me... Happy Birthday To Me... Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday... Happy Birthday To-o-o-o-o Me-e-e-e-e-e!!"



Oh stop!! My fragile ego can't handle all of these accolades. Please, please...enough already!


And, by-the-way, somebody in this crowd is singing way off key.


Today, ladies and gentlemen, I am celebrating the 40th anniversary of my 21st birthday. You guys do the math. I don't have anything spectacular planned for today. I've already checked the local newspaper this morning to see if my obituary was in there. Didn't see it, so that's a good sign. Ms. Judi is still out of town. Won't return until tomorrow evening. Maybe she'll have present for me. Wink...wink.


I might head on over to the local Waffel House and order myself a side order of hash browns. My blogging buddy Coffeypot would probably approve of that plan. Then I might stop in at the local library and see if they have any new books on growning older with grace. Then to top of the day I might go to the mall and stand outside Victorian Secret's and droll. It's that or make myself an egg sandwich and tune in CSPAN. That ought to get the blood perking.


Hey, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and on balance I've got nothing to complain about. Life is good. There's still an ample supply of bread, peanut butter and jelly in the house and my cable is fully paid for the month. Put a little WD-40 on the hinges of my lounge chair and I'm good to go.


Y'all have a good day. I plan to.

No comments: