Sunday, August 10

"If Patience Is A Virtue...

Then I'm in need of a transfusion!" I'm back, but I can't say none the worse for wear. If what I have experienced over the past week is anything akin to being run over repeatedly by a herd of stampeding elephants then count me out as wishing to sign up for the next scheduled safari. What was initially to be a single by-pass and a cursory inspection of the rest of the plumbing, turned out to be a triple. Does a single by-pass inflict any less pain than a triple? Couldn't prove it by me one way or the other. Sort of like asking does it hurt any less than to stub your toe against the night stand as opposed to dropping one of Tom Clancy's novels on your toe? One is still writhing in pain regardless of the source.


Here's the bottom line friends...I've got the worse of this ordeal behind me. Now all I need do is be patient and let the full healing that must occur take effect. That is going to be difficult for me because being idle in not in my genetic make-up. So for all of you who lifted up prayers on my behalf, thank you so very much. They sustained me during the darkest hours and they sustain me still. I shall count on them until I am back to full and glorious health once again. Keep my beloved Judi in your thoughts also, as I may, for the most part, make a pretty good husband, but I am a lousy patient. Looking forward to the day soon to when she and I can again take long walks at sunset along the beach...and the hair has grown back in on my chest!! Now there's a visual!

No comments: