Wednesday, August 13

"Emerging From The Fog..."

I have been eager to again resume a regular schedule of posts to this blog, but that intention has not been sufficient enough to give feet to my desire. I feel as though I am wadding through waist deep muck, so noticeably slow are my mental faculties. Just comprising these few sentences taxes me beyond description. The words seem clear enough in my mind, but their translation to visual form come stumbling from my fingers as I attempt give them birth. They made so much sense when I first thought them. What happened between the synapse? I am not familiar with this current mental state. It requires me to expend too much labor to given voice to even the simplest idea. I am in a mental fog and everything looks the same.




Trust me when I tell you that I will be thrilled when I again have difficulty deciding which of several phrases best conveys my thought, rather than in my current mental state when I sift through word after word as though they were brand new to me only to be lost in the moments of uncertainty and indecision. If this is an example of how the mind of Alzheimer's patients function then God bless 'em. To be uncertain about such trivial things as how to engage in social interaction must be so bewildering. I feel that way at the moment...kind of just stumbling along and letting life pull me in whatever direction the path of least resistance dictates. I miss being alert and on top of my game.




I have been assured that these feelings of mental fatigue are to be attributed to the massive amount of anesthetics that were administered to me during my six hours of surgery. That in time the effects will dissipate. Good thing the doctors won't let me behind the wheel of a motor vehicle for another four weeks. I can't even drive a stationary keyboard. Y'all count your blessings that I am sequestered away under the ever vigilant watch care of my lovely wife. Later...

No comments: