Tuesday, May 5

"Here's A Bit Of Good News..."


I Got A Job!!

After nine months of being without a job, I am finally re-employed...so to speak. It is only a three day a week, part-time position, but "hey," whose counting? When and "if" the economy every climbs out of the cellar, there is the possibility that I could be offered more hours. And the position is in the professional field that I have been laboring in for the past 25 years...construction estimating and project management. I started today...

It is going to take some determined adjustments on my part to again get use to climbing out of bed bright and early, having gotten quite personally satisfied with living like a country squire and beginning my day whenever I felt like sweeping the previous nights cobwebs from my brain. I am also fortunate in that my new employer permitted me to pick the three days that I wanted to work. So I choose not to work on Mondays or Thursdays (Thursdays being my day to play golf with a bunch of my other ne'er-do-well friends). Hey!! "All work and no play..." You know the drill.


So, things are looking up. Not that they were all that bad up to this point. One just has to keep a positive attitude and take each day as it comes. The fact of the matter is, none of us are going to get out of this life alive, so why sweat the small stuff?


Just a couple of questions... Who are all those people in the photograph and why are they all wearing purple?

No comments: