Friday, July 20

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMAN!!

I have friend, whom I've never met, who lives in Texas...and today is her birthday! I know this fact about her because I have become a fan of her "blog." - http://www.iamnorman.blogspot.com/. I won't reveal her age, but it is easily discernible if one takes the time to research her archived posts. I also won't attempt to explain why she adopted the pen name "Norman" as her blog handle, as that too is explained in her profile. Suffice it to say that it all makes perfectly good sense when one takes the time to become engaged in her's and her family's day-to-day life that she so freely and unabashedly writes about in her frequent posts.


I find her musings to be honest, unpretentious, real and, above all, humorous. There are few subjects (if any) that "Norm" won't tackle with abandon and let the chips fall where they may. She may be on occasion a little "blue" on some subject matter for perhaps some folks taste, but I like the fact that she approaches life with the refreshing attitude of "It is what it is." Her stream of conscience style of writing is compelling to the point where one feels one is sitting in her living room enjoying a good cup of coffee and even better conversation. I look forward with much anticipation to her frequent personal slices of life that can make even the most mundane observations of her day-to-day life become fodder for light-hearted thought and mutual comparison. I am sure that there are events in her life that give her worry and pause, but for the most part she embraces life with a glint in her eye, taking neither herself or life in general too seriously. I like her approach. I like her style. As a fellow "blogster," I am proud to call her "friend."


Happy Birthday Norm. Keep being who you are and keep getting as much happiness out of your life this special day and in all the days yet to follow.

No comments: