Confused? No need to be. Ignor what the media talking heads and double-speak politicians rattle on about the woeful state of our nation's degraded economy. Here, in the most simplest of explanations, is an "in your face" illustration of how totally upside down and mismanaged are our national finanaces.
Illustration No. 1:
* U.S. Collectible Tax Revenues: $2,170,000,000,000
* Current Federal Budget: $3,820,000,00000,000
* New Debt: $1,650,000,000,000
* Current National Debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Most Recent Budget Reductions: $38,500,000,000
Now remove 8 zeros and use the same figures to illustrate a household budget:
* Annual Family Earned Income: $21,700
* Money the Family Spent in the Year: $38,200
* New Debt Added to the Credit Card: $16,500
* Outstanding Balance on Credit Card: $142,710
* Total Budget Cuts Made: $38.50
Okay, now let's look at yet another eye-opening illustration of our debt crisis...
Let's say you come home from work one afternoon and discover that your entire neighborhood has been inundated with a flood of raw seweage, and your home has the foul mess all the way to your ceiling.
What do you think would be the MOST LOGICAL step to take to eradicate the problem?
Raise the ceiling or pump out the crap?
Your opportunity to place your hand on the pump handle arrives this November. To do nothing is to further guarantee that your children and grandchildren will drown in the crap we've left behind.